AuthorTopic: Horizon High, Ryokan Magic Academy(Original RPG, Need People!)  (Read 19933 times)

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Roleplay Extrodeiner, have a question, please ask :)
  • Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
  • Insane Story Writer Nut, CCS Fan Nut
If your looking at this first post, then that mean's the name interested you :)

Horizon High, an island located roughly 4000 mile's off the coast of Japan, and to a degree, is apart of the Japanese Islands

This academy employ's the best magic users in all of Japan, but it's also a secret island, not found on any map, and the japanese government doesn't speak of it's existence, in fact, it's rumored that only the emperor know's

Admission onto the island is on a invitational basis only. As people from this academy roam the world, looking for those with "petentional" magical powers. This can range anywhere from healing, to black magic, to even the most destructive abilitys

While this island is well hidden from all eyes.. there's a certain faction that would love nothing more than to control these gifted children and use them for "other" means

if you want to join, please make the age of your character between 12 or more, also includ what magic properity your character is:

Black - Destructive
White - Healing
Shamanistic - Banishment(Undead)
Dimentional - Travel
Sonic - Speed
Nature - Enviromental

Custom magic's are also allowed, but please give me an explanation of what it is :)

Once i accept your bio, please make a post with your character being invited.. oh.. and no parents please :) this island is run by the academy's students, and the only adults present is the headmaster, headmistress, and the instructors... students live in there own home's furnished by the academy.. which "mysteriously" appear out of no where

Your Profile should be like this:

Name: (Self Exclametory)
Grade: (1st, all starting profiles start off here, unless the character is a mistress/master. In that case, they start off in the 3rd grade, please ask me before making yer character a mistress or master, as we can only have one mistress or master(not both) for each magic line)
Occupation: (Unless you get permission from me, the occupation is apprentice)
Position: (Same, unless you get permission from me, the position is apprentice)
Spell specialty: (List one of the above, or a custom one that you sent me)

Notes:

Masters/Mistresses:

White Mistress - Mitsuko Yamato
Black Mistress - Julia Cursixâ„¢
Shamanestic - Markis (NPC)
Dimentional - Viola (NPC)
Nature - Marielle Aura
Sonic - Baston (NPC)

NPC - Non Player Characters, these positions can be filled by someone sending me a master/mistress request

You can expand the profile I provided to includ more information, like perhaps a disability, maybe the characters blind or something, or perhaps you want to includ the persons personality or maybe even general apperence, like eye color, hair.. etc...

The difference between the Reguler And Magic Academys is the grade system and the learning system

1st grade at the Reguler Ryokan Academy is just like in any normal grade school

1st grade at the Magic Ryokan Academy is very different, it's the first step to achiveing a higher knowledge of the characters chosen magic field... in other words: The basic's of there field and the simple spells

Thought I should explain it :keke:

If you want to join this RP, Just send in a profile! Please use the above profile I listed and PM it to meh! ROAR!

Added:

Occupations:

Island Enforcer - Defends the island and enforce's the law
Academy Apprentice - New to training
Academy Mistress - Has been reconized as being profiecent in there field of magic
Academy Master - See above
Apprentice - Doesn't have a trainer, instead just observes
Master - An instructor
Mistress - A teacher
Island Attacker - Someone who attacks islands nearby, either because of pirates being near by or because the Mas UN set up a base

Mas UN - The Mas UN is the enemy in this story, they want nothing more than to control the island and its magic users, Julia and Kalshion have fought to keep the island safe, but every now and then things get dicey and the students are evacuated from the surface to the underground bunkers, but that so far, has been rare

The Mas UN is an off shoot of the United Nation in New York City, but they have no connections at all, and operate independently
Mage Teleporter:
« Last Edit: October 12 2005, 02:24 am by Kasawa Lanford »

Thank you bLuetopaz for Siggy and Avatar! ^_^
:Forum Family:

Imoto-chan: lika-chi
Imoto-chan: OniiChanTouya
Imouto-chan: Cherry-chan
Imouto-chan: Starfire
Imouto-chan: babypigggy

:Stories:
Mark of the Catalyst

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
Re: Horizon High, Ryokan Magic Academy(Original RPG, Need People!)
« Reply #1 on: October 05 2005, 01:28 pm »
Characters:

CW-Name: Kasawa Lanford
Name: Julia Cursixâ„¢*
Grade: 5th (Magic Academy)
Position: Student Body Academy President
Spell specialty: Black Magic

CW-name: Kasawa Lanford
Name: Sharia Cursixâ„¢*
Grade: 1st (Reguler Academy)
Spell Specialty: Unknown, has not been tested as she is to young, must be 10 or older to be tested

CW-name: Kasawa Lanford
Name: Kalshion Dragon
Grade: None, not enrolled
Spell Specialty: Unknown, use's strange and unknown types of magic, is also able to cast all forms of magic with little to no skill

CW Name: Luna-chan
Name: Subaru Katamari
Grade: 1st
Position: Apprentice
Spell specialty: Black Magic

CW-Name: Luna-chan
Name: Kokoro Nanahara
Spell specialty: White Magic

CW-Name: Fai
Name: Mitsuko Yamato
Grade: 3rd
Position: Academy Magic Mistress
Spell Speacialty: White Magic

CW-Name: Syaokaura
Name: Marielle Aura
Grade: 4th Grade
Position: Academy Nature Mistress
Spell Specialty: Nature

CW-Name: Syaokura
Name: Aron Fukou
Grade: 1st Grade
Spell Specialty: Sonic

CW-Name: OniiChan Touya
Name: Greg Allen
Grade:1
Position:Apprentice
Spell specialty: Sonic

CW-Name: Okamirei
Name: Takahashi Akito
Position: apprentice
Spell specialty: unknown

Character post, moved my intro post down one, ran out of characters in the first one

*Cursix is the creation of Cmptrwz and I in no way, shape, or form, take credit for it's creation.

Horizon High
Color Code
Northern Resource Area
Western Defense Island
Underground Living Network
« Last Edit: October 16 2005, 10:57 am by Kasawa Lanford »

Mark of the Catalyst

Offline Fai

• Utter Silence
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Hide that rum!!
« Reply #2 on: October 05 2005, 03:03 pm »
Intro for Mitsuko Yamato

A week before the new school year...

Mitsuko rushed down the main hall to the training grounds outside, her white mage cape flying after her. She stopped to catch her breath a minute and continued outside, where just minutes ago an instructor had called for a healer. Seeing the instructor waving her over she walked over and quickly got the details of what happend to the student. Bending over the boy she smiled at him with a wide smile and started to examine the damage. Hmmm..This isn't usually what happens to an apprentice on the training grounds...But hey there is a first time for everything! Closing her crystal like eyes, she laid a hand over the wound and concentrated. After a few minutes she opened them and looked down at the now healed wound. Smiling to herself she stood up and waved at the boy, who was staring bewildered at his healed skin.

"Time to get back to the office now I guess..." Mitsuko mummered to herself and then she teleported from her spot back to the quiet white painted office where she usually spent her days. Her blue eyes widened in surprise as she saw a small line of students waiting for her, "Let's get started then shall we? Rinoa, please get onto the examing table. That scratch looks horrible." Mitsuko smiled as she walked over to where the struggling girl climbed onto the table.

Set by Hachi
Ashlee and I love our Rum!
~~~~~~~
Fourm Family.:.
Onee-chan.:.Ruby-chan.:.Zeldi.:. AkaiYuki.:.Hori.:. moezy-chan.:.babypiggy.:.Miharu Endoh.:.bLuetopaz.:.Shiunu.:.Ashlee
Oniichan.:.VexNet
Imoto-chan.:.Moonflower121 <---My *special* imoto-chan!
Aunt.:.{Pikari.:.Sakaki}
Cousin.:.Genki_Girl
~~~~~~
If you had a choice; why not choose happiness?
It's called...CANON~
~~~~~~
遠く遠く この空のどこかに 君はいるんだろう
I know that you are somewhere under this sky, far, far away
-"Planetarium" -Ai Otsuka
-------

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #3 on: October 06 2005, 09:24 am »
Julia heard about two new arrivals coming to the Academy, she grabbed her robe and headed toward the Teleportation Grid, a room that had 7 mage's that acted as Teleporters for the island's transport system, but also allowed to traval to other countrys

As if on cue, two faint light's appeared on the grid, a magic circle of sorts, as the light's faded, two people stood there. Julia nodded. "Our first two arrivals," she smiled. "Welcome to Horizon High, My name's Mistress Julia," she bowed to Subaru and Kokoro

Mark of the Catalyst

Offline Luna-chan

• [ dreams.in.digital ]
« Reply #4 on: October 06 2005, 09:28 am »
Both stepped forth and took a bow.
"Hello," Kokoro said, "I am Nanahara Kokoro. I look foward to this experience." she smiled warmly.
Subaru stood behind her, not looking the least bit interested in his position.
"Katamari Subaru." he stated quickly, looking around, "When do we start?"

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #5 on: October 06 2005, 09:33 am »
One week before new school year

She smiled at the two, eger to start they where, but only time would tell. "There's no coming," she raised him over. "It'll be another two weeks before you start training, but the new school year starts in 5 days," she said. "I suggest you two head to the administration office, from there you'll be given a pass key for your dorm room, after that take a walka round the campus," she looked back over her shoulder. "If you have any question's, please ask," she smiled and walked out of the room, she soon stopped

"Take these two people, show them around, but don't say to much, leave most of the introduction to the orientation class," She said to one of the mages, who nodded. "Take them to the office, then to there dorm rooms"

Mark of the Catalyst

Offline Syaokura

• Ceres Obsessor!
  • Super Fan
  • Ceres Obsessor
Re: Horizon High, Ryokan Magic Academy(Original RP
« Reply #6 on: October 08 2005, 01:10 pm »
OOC: Hookay, here comes my first post.

One week before the school year

Marielle Aura wandered around the gardens of the school, feeling joy in her. She always loved the outdoors, especially walking in a beautiful scenery of trees, bushes, and flowers. A lone white rose wilted and its petals floated by as the wind picked them up. Marielle crouched down to gently pick the rose by its stem. With her other hand, she grasped the top part of the rose. Her earthy powers caused the rose to glow, and in a second, its petals magically grew back. The rose was fully restored thanks to Marielle's powers.

The girl glanced at her watch, gasping at what time it was. "Oh, no! I should be at the office by now! It's my first day and I musn't be late!"

Marielle quickly went back inside the school. Her brown robes flowed as she ran.

OOC: Done. I shall post as Aron in the next post. Oh, and Kasawa, you forgot to put Marielle in the red list. ^^;

Ava and sig by me!

Blog | LJ | Fanlisting Collective

Random Fanlisting of the Week: Alice 19th
Forum Family: lika-chi (niece) | OniiChan Touya (little sis) [Need more people in this!]

Please join my Island Adventure! RPG right now!!

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #7 on: October 08 2005, 01:21 pm »
RP: Intro Post for character, Sharia Cursixâ„¢

(ooc: If you can't figure out an intro post, let me know and I'll help you, thats why I'm here :keke: )

(ooc2: Moved my intro down here since my main post was almost out of chracters, didn't have room to put Syaokura's characer in, so I edited my 2nd post and put the chars in that one)

One week before new school year

An explosion erupted from the far reachs of the Academy's Training Grounds, as the smoke cleared a young girl stood on a pedestial overlooking the shot ground. She wore a robe that had the Academy's symbol on it, she wore a slightly gold pant's and a white shirt under her robe, in her left hand she had a staff that was no different from any normal, her right had she had a glove, the glove had a diamond and ruby on it.

"Good, good...." The girl said and looked at the younger classmates. "Remember, when yuo cast a spell, expically black magic, concentrate, if you break concentrate you could very well get yourself caught in the explosion," she noticed the looks on some of the younger people turned to fright, while others had that "kawaii" look, she just sighed and teleported herself out of the area

She soon reappeared in an office, "How goes the training for the younger apprentices?" came an old yet wise voice from behind her

The girl sighed. "Many of them are to young, most of those 1st graders are only 11 year's old, some are 13 and a few are 17, but..." she sighed heavily once more. "it won't be enough... they need 9 more year's of training in order to get up to the level I am at..."

The elder nodded. "While there are this academy there aging stops until they pass there grade, they will stay in that grade level for three year's before tested, if they fail, then they are retested the year after-," he said

"And every three year's they also gain more magic, but also age by one year, that pretty much extend's there life expectency," She nodded

"Julia, the new batch of students will be coming in, in the next week.. we have any new ones?" The elder said

Julia nodded. "A few... Some coming from America, a few more from Japan itself," she looked back at the elder. "Thing is, orientation will start in the next 4 days and I have yet to see ANY of those new students arrive"

The elder smiled. "Then it's time to employ your teleport mages... have them teleport those people here"

She to smiled, "invitations where sent out yesterday, lets see how many join"

The elder then laughed and got Julia's attention. "Whats so funny?"

"How are you going to explain to these 12 and older kid's that they have to start in the 1st grade here?" the elder snickered

She sighed. "The academy only has grade's 1st through 5th, they'll understand after I explain it" she smiled

He laughed some more. "I hope so... I don't think most teenagers will appriciate being in a 1st grade class with a 11 or 12 year old kid when they are 18 or 19"

Julia snarled and launched a fireball at the elder, vaporising his hair.. or rather.. what remained of his hair. "Th... was... mean...." she said between breaths

She patted her hands. "meanie, they'll understand when I explain it.. this academy isn't like a normal academy.. just watch.. I'll explain it," she grinned. "Now... how many will accept the invitation and attend"

(ooc: And thus we begin, once your character is approved, start off an intro post.. you people can only operate my character in THAT post. Just an FYI, Your character starts off in the 1st grade, HOWEVER this is not the same 1st grade as a normal grade school... more will be explained in the orientation post which will start once we have 4 or more students )

Mark of the Catalyst

Offline Director of Music

• Musicians Make Better Lovers
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Department of Diagnostic Medicine
« Reply #8 on: October 09 2005, 08:10 am »
Intro to Greg Allen
One week before the new school year.

Greg adjusted his glasses as he wandered around the building an hour early.  It was big, and he really had no intention of coming here, but he had gotten an invitation, and was curious, so naturally he came.  He rummaged in his pocket and found the letter given to him and his schedule.  It seemed to him he was supposed to be in the office in 1 minute.  No problem he thought.  Then in a shot, he zoomed across the courtyard, and knocked at the headmaster's door, smoothing his brown hair and coat down.

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #9 on: October 09 2005, 12:13 pm »
Julia looked at the door upon hearing the knock, then looked at the headmaster, he nodded

She walked into another area of the room that was pitch black, she then leaned up against the wall and nodded

"Come in," the headmaster said. The door opened, seemly all by itself, and a young man stood there. "Welcome to Ryokan, Greg-chan" The headmaster got up, "Something I can do for you?" He hadn't a clue that the letter asked for Greg to come to the headmasters office, something that Julia had arranged behind the headmasters back

Mark of the Catalyst

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 10 2005, 01:45 am »
Greg forgetting that he had not wanting to be here, was astounded by the room.  All this gadgets and gizmos sent his head spinning..and all the books.  "Er...ah.." Greg cleared his throat.  He returned back to buisness-like.  "Hello sir.  My name is Greg Allen...as you said.  Well in my letter it said for me to come to the director's office..."  He looked around a little uncomfortable as he pushed his glasses up, and coughed.

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #11 on: October 10 2005, 02:34 am »
The headmaster looked at Greg for a second, then at Julia. "You called him to this room?"

Julia nodded and walked out of the shadows. "Just a quick test of your powers, everyones had to take it so don't worry," she walked up to the young man and pulled out a small crystal. After a few seconds it glowed green, and Julia smiled. "Thats all I needed, head on to the administrations office and from there you'll be given a key to your dorm room," She turned away and began to walk toward the door, before stopping. "Now, I must attend to my other duties... please beware that new student orientation will occur one week from now.. get some rest, study up if you want, practice if you see fit... but you'll learn a lot at the orientation," with that she left

(ooc: Errrrrrr, edited post! Made a mistake)
« Last Edit: October 10 2005, 03:04 am by Kasawa Lanford »

Mark of the Catalyst

Offline Okamirei

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #12 on: October 10 2005, 03:28 am »
Intro for Akito

One week before the new school year...

A small brown haired boy strolled nervously in the school building, his round proffessor-like glasses slipping down on his nose. He looked around the big building, then frowned as he peered back down at the piece of parchment held in his hand. "Anou...where do I go? where do I go?"
Not seeing where he was going, he ran straight into a woman.
"S-sorry." He got up, reaching around blindly to try and find his fallen glasses.

Offline Syaokura

• Ceres Obsessor!
  • Super Fan
  • Ceres Obsessor
« Reply #13 on: October 10 2005, 04:21 am »
OOC: Intro for Aron!

One week before the school year...

A tall boy walked inside the school building. He made sure his short, navy blue hair was spiked up in order to make a cool impression on the students walking past him. As he struted cooly, he spotted an older-looking boy kneeling on the floor. The boy just cocked his eyebrows. It was then when he spotted the glasses on the floor, so he just picked them up.

Ava and sig by me!

Forum Family: lika-chi (niece) | OniiChan Touya (little sis) [Need more people in this!]

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #14 on: October 10 2005, 05:13 am »
Julia walked around the hallways, most of the students where getting ready for there final exams. Most where on the training ground's practicing, while others where in the classrooms studying the different spelling for there spell's and how to pronouce them

She noticed two boy's though off in the distence, one was on the ground as if he was looking for something, another had picked up what appeared to be some glasses. "Hmmm, two new arrivals, that make's 28 in all." she thought about it. "Out of 40 letters only 28 arrived?" she didn't like that number, it meant 'they' where still interfering.. but she would deal with that later

Julia was about to introduce herself when she heard a voice behind her, and subsequently got pounced on by her little sister. "Hey sis!" The young girl said

"Hey Sharia... what are you doing here?" Julia said as she got herself up off the ground

"No school this week," she smiled broadly. "So I came to say hello"

Julia shook her head, she didn't mind her sister being here, but this academy wasn't exactly a safe place for someone without magic. "I've told you a hundred time's that this place is dangerous." she said to her

Sharia looked away, poutting in the process. "Meanie..." she said and ran off, Julia sighed once more but knew where her little sister was going

She walked over to the two boy's then. "Welcome to the Academy, My name's Mistress Julia, shall I show you to the administrative office?" she said to the two boys

Mark of the Catalyst

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 10 2005, 10:36 am »
Greg silenty strolled out of the office.  Now where was he supposed to go?  That's right.  The administration office.  He zoomed off, and entered another humongous building....greeted by no one.  "Is this the right place?"  he murmered.

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #16 on: October 11 2005, 02:22 am »
2 days before New Student Orientation Assembly, 3 before New School Year begins

Julia sat in her office, she looked over her letter several time's over making sure everything was correct. "Hopefully my parents will get this one," she said, commenting on how the other letters she's sent over the entervening years have never made it to there destination

She looked up an e-mail on her computer

To: Academy Mistresses & Masters, Julia, Mitsuko,Marielle, Baston, Markis, Voila
Subject: Orientation and Tasks

Body:

Good day fellow Masters and Mistresses, new student orientation starts in just two days and we've already received 40 students. Looks like the class this year will be farely large considering the number we had last year

I have some assignments for you:

Julia,I need you to check up with our scientists, a few have told me they've discovered a way to decrease the aging process, making everyone on the island live even longer than those off

Mitsuko, Our medical supplys are running rather low; our shipment hasn't come in so I'd like you to check it out. Find out if the shipment was lost to weather or if someone else is involevd, and if you must, take a few 1st grade 3rd year's and 2nd grade 1st years with you to collect herbs and other plants out on the mountain

Marielle, find out why we haven't had any rain for the past few days. Some of our plants out there require a lot of water, and the constant sun beating down on the island doesn't help us in the magic area

Master Bason, Markis, Viola: I need you to patch up any loss ends, we still have students missing so please find them before the orientation.

That is all, please take care

-Elder

The elder had a thing for sending out orders via E-mail, hmm why call him an elder? He was only 21... and one of the strongest in Sonic Magic here on the island.

Julia nodded at her orders and jumped to it. She left her office via teleport and arrived at the research department, roughy two miles underground and sealed off, there wasn't any elevator to get there, only teleport.

"You said you had a report?" She said to one of the scientists

The scientists nodded and showed her there findings. "At this rate, someone who is 10 years old right now, will remain ten year's old after 15 years..."

"But they'll still mature as if they where growing," A scientist said

"Does this effect current magic users as well?" Julia asked

"Yes it does, everyone will be effected once we release it." The scientists said. "We can also release it into the water supply, but I wouldn't recommend it, since it can be extracted them, but air born it cannot"

Julia nodded. "Good work, continue, deploy the new stran in the next few hours"

The scientist's nodded and Julia vanished once more, she had an orientation to plan and wasn't about to let little things get in her way

(ooc: Orientation post will be up tomarrow ^_^; I'll wait until Fai and Syaokura's Tagged characters post (Red names mean tagged characters, but anyone can still post ^_^, they just need to post in order to proceed to the next level :keke: )
« Last Edit: October 11 2005, 05:18 am by Kasawa Lanford »

Mark of the Catalyst

Offline Fai

• Utter Silence
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Hide that rum!!
« Reply #17 on: October 11 2005, 05:06 am »
Mitsuko sat at her desk in the dark medical room checking her e-mail, nothing really interesting except an e-mail from the Elder.
"Good question...Why hasn't the medical supplies been coming in? Those are going to be vital when we start class next week. Better get going then!" she said as she rose from her desk and streching.

Grabbing her white mage cloak, she hurridely put it on and rushed off to the main office to find why the supplies had not come.
"Excuse me, I need to get in contact with our medical supply staff. Our stock seems to be delayed..3 days." Mitsuko said as she reached the office. The securitery nodded and dialed a number into the phone. Mitsuko grabbed the phone and walked into another room wanting to talk to the manager alone, she had a few words that she wanted to say to him...
"It is Mitsuko. I want to know why or supply hasn't come in."
"We sent it out 3 days ago, it hasn't arrived yet?"
"No, and I would like to know why. The new school year starts soon and we need it! So wether it was lost or intercepted, I want an explination!"
"Calm down Mitsuko! How about I just send you what you need free of charge?"
Mitsuko stayed silent a moment breathing hard, "Fine. Just please make sure it is here before our school year starts.."  The phone clicked and the other person hung up. Mitsuko sighed and placed the phone back in the cradle.

Walking back to the medical office she collapsed into the large chair at the desk. Once again she picked up the phone and asked for a few white magic stduents to come to her office with their cloaks.
"If our shipment gets lost again, we might as well just go get the natural herbs. They work the best after all.."

Set by Hachi
Ashlee and I love our Rum!
~~~~~~~
Fourm Family.:.
Onee-chan.:.Ruby-chan.:.Zeldi.:. AkaiYuki.:.Hori.:. moezy-chan.:.babypiggy.:.Miharu Endoh.:.bLuetopaz.:.Shiunu.:.Ashlee
Oniichan.:.VexNet
Imoto-chan.:.Moonflower121 <---My *special* imoto-chan!
Aunt.:.{Pikari.:.Sakaki}
Cousin.:.Genki_Girl
~~~~~~
If you had a choice; why not choose happiness?
It's called...CANON~
~~~~~~
遠く遠く この空のどこかに 君はいるんだろう
I know that you are somewhere under this sky, far, far away
-"Planetarium" -Ai Otsuka
-------

Offline Syaokura

• Ceres Obsessor!
  • Super Fan
  • Ceres Obsessor
« Reply #18 on: October 11 2005, 05:53 am »
Marielle was in her office, playing around with the rose she healed earlier. The nature-loving mistress was currently checking her e-mail box. One e-mail, however, caught her eye.

"Why doesn't this island have any rain? You'd think that this place is tropical, considering all the vegetation," Marielle cocked her head to one side as her green eyes glanced out the window. She grabbed her light-brown cloak and went to the backdoor, where it led to the greenhouse.

As she wandered around, she spotted a newspaper on the floor. Someone must have dropped it, so she picked it up. Curiosity got the best of her as she looked at the weather section. Horizon High is currently having a month without any rain.

"Dry season," Marielle murmured, now knowing why there hasn't been any rain for days.

Ava and sig by me!

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #19 on: October 12 2005, 01:44 am »
Orientation Post

Julia stood outside the massive doors that lead into the assembly building. The building could easily house 590 people, but it also had some other use's.

She heard a sound and looked down and saw one of there thousand's of cats that inhabitated the island, the cat was orange; a tabby. They where the main reason for the decreased aging on the island, the scent they left behind on the walls for some reason reacted with the human aging system, causing us to slow down

The doors opened and she walked through, most of the students where already in there, two of there misstress where missing but she figured they'd arrive soon. She walked over and made sure everything was ok, connections and what not

She heard another door open and saw the elder enter, soon there after the two mistresses arrived and she smiled, everyone was there now and she could finally begin. The mic on the podium flew from it's stand and into her hand, she smiled. "I welcome you all to a new school year," she said and looked to her right, "I'm glad to see everyone made it." she commented

A slight breeze blew through the room and cooled it down, it was hot but not anymore. Several tree's made there way into the assembly hall and branched out, flowers and what not blooming along there lines

Julia smiled, there nature mistress at work perhaps? Or was that the doing of a nature apprentice who just wanted to show off? It didn't matter to her as long as it looked 'pretty' for the new students

"You'll be here at Ryokan Academy for the next 15-20 years." She saw several of the new students looked at her in an akward glance. "I'm sure you've already noticed that you no longer feel the effects of aging, that a warmth has come over you body." she smiled. "Thats because the moment you stepped on this island you stopped aging, that pretty much means that what ever age you are now, you'll remain that age until you leave the island." Should she mention the fact that they truely haven't a CLUE how long the anti-aging stran lasts?

She stepped off the stage and looked at her fellow masters and mistresses, the masters where getting nervous, perhaps one was angry cause she stole his lime light. "You've probably taken a look at your ID card and noticed that you listed a '1st grader' here at Ryokan Academy," she saw a few students nod. "Don't confuse it with a reguler grade school, the 1st grade here is the first three years of  your basic magic training, you'll pretty much learn how to cast simple light spells, along with your line of defensive spells." She took in a breath and looked toward the far window. "Some of you black magic users are probably wondering what you can learn in this field." She nodded at herself. "I'll show you toward the end of my 'lecture' as some of you might be calling it."

Julia walked through the middle isle, the students all turning to look at her. "Your uniform here is a robe that symbolize's your magic color. White Mage's being White, Black Mage's being black just as an example." She smiled. "I don't want any of you to test your powers out on you fellow students," she walked toward the back of the building, where the teachers and instructors stood watching the students, she saw two of the instructors glare at her threateningly. Man.. talk about evil.. she to herself

She smiled and ran back to the stage, her robe fluttered in the air, two blade's could be seen when the robe removed itself from her neck. "Once you get into your 3rd year, you'll be allowed to carry weapons, granted-" she patted hers, "-they aren't real. You'll carry them as a status symbol of how far you've come in the academy."

She heard some thunder and looked out the window, a storm was approuching the island. "As you go up in years, not grades, you'll learn more and more spells. Once you get up into the 3rd grade the instructors you see in the back will no longer be your teachers, the teachers will be us." She pointed to herself and the other masters and mistresses. "Beyond the 3rd grade the instructors and most of the teachers don't know much more, as there power's are capped." she walked around the stage, should she mention how there powers are governed by the different elements on the planet? Or how weather has an effect on certain magic pools?

"While your on this island you may notice that your powers won't work sometimes. Black Magic user's will know this almost the moment they try to cast a fireball, when it's raining you won't be able to. When it's windy you best NOT cast it at all, in fear that it might pay one of us mistresses a visit in our office-"

RAN OUT OF CHARACTERS! Going to next reply

Mark of the Catalyst