AuthorTopic: Fai - Character Discussion  (Read 150933 times)

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
Fai - Character Discussion
« on: May 10 2005, 04:30 am »
Ok...Fai has a lot of fans out there, so I created a topic for him! Why three diff spelling of his name? Well, some manga spell it Fye, dubbers spell it Fai, and other sources spell it Fay!

Names aside, what do you guys think about him?
« Last Edit: October 18 2005, 03:58 am by Sakaki »

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline bLuetopaz

• .::the illuminating heart::.
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
Re: Fai/Fye/Fay
« Reply #1 on: May 10 2005, 04:33 am »
to be honest, dont really like him in the 1st two series.. but gradually, seeing him carrying Mokona and forever teasing Kurogane.. it sort of brings out the tenderness and cuteness in him..

i am starting to like him!!

Forum Family:
Little bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
Cousin: Ralea :: CherryandWolfLover :: Zeldi :: yume-chan
---

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #2 on: May 10 2005, 04:38 am »
Series? Do you mean episodes?

I liked him since the beginning...he intrigued me, and I'm also a fan of Kuro-pii/Fai! He may act as though he isn;t serious, and has no worries, but I can see it's just a mask, and how much he carries...*sob*

I love him so much, and desperately wnat a plushi to cuddle. He's *gasp* even almost as good as Syaoran!

FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline bLuetopaz

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #3 on: May 10 2005, 04:47 am »
hehe.. yup, as in the anime itself.. i didnt read the manga..
i am still trying to like Kurogane.. but got to say he is cute too.. especially in ep 4, the way he stare and 'play' with Mokona..

Forum Family:
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
---

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #4 on: May 10 2005, 04:48 am »
Yeah. But Fai...he's something else entirely....his past is so mysterious, and his smile is so painfully fake...it almost breaks my heart when he does that *drowns in soppiness*

Offline MysticMog

« Reply #5 on: May 10 2005, 06:03 am »
I like him, he is very strange but still a cool character, my favorite type of character :P. Anyway, I prefer Fye (I pronounce it Fai - Yeh), and its the spelling used in the manga and the subs that I watch.
Favorite Animes: Bleach, Card Captor Sakura, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien

Currently Watching: Tsubasa Chronicles, Bleach, Full Metal Panic

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #6 on: May 10 2005, 06:18 am »
I used to like spelling it Fye, then I read the manga - mine spells it Fai. Now I spell it that way! Fai's so cool!

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #7 on: May 10 2005, 07:09 am »
I am totally obsessed with Fai, and have been from the first book.
Not only is he totally adorable, but he has a VERY mysterious past that I need to know about. Usually the character that is the most humorous has the most to hide. I can't stop wondering exactly what happened in Fai's land before he left.
Why won't he use his magic? Even to save himself?

I love how he cares for the other characters. How he teases Kuro-chi is so cute and funny, adorable and kawaii!

I'm only on chapter 51 right now, so I don't know what's happened up to 78 or so, but I'm waiting for Kuro-chi to confront Fai about his past.

Offline Keruberus

• New Fan
  • Great Clamp Fan!!
« Reply #8 on: May 10 2005, 07:56 am »
I like Fye because he is so calm and at the same time has strong mind and heart. Is he from another Clamp's stories? If so I would like to read it as soon as possible. If not I think Clamp could give him a new serie. What do you think?
Keruberus

Offline Brad

• Big Fan
  • Puu!
« Reply #9 on: May 10 2005, 02:48 pm »
Well we have an official spelling for his name now. Ep 5 had it as "Fay" for the commercial break.... that had no commercials.  :sweatdrop:
Swing by my two babies, Loop: TRC & Link: xxxHolic

Offline Ralea

• Passing Through Life Unnoticed
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • When will we see each other again?
« Reply #10 on: May 10 2005, 03:09 pm »
In the anime it's supposed to be "Fay"

But I really like the way he calls Kurogane all those nicknames! Kuropii......

~Forum family~                                             
Onii-chan : Kuropuppy
Onee-chan : Sayora Chan, lika-ichi
Ate : princess kakurine
Imoto-chan : Zeldi, Monse-chan
Twin sisters : fisah, xOLight AngelxO
Cousins : sofiacardcaptors, bluetopaz
Niece : Asuka

99% of the female population all think that Syaoran is the hottest bishie ever in both TRC & CCS. 1% is me! XD If you're one of the 1% who isn't so possesive over Syaoran, and wants him to be with Sakura only, copy and paste this into your sig.

Offline Kay Hearts

• *Nyan~!*
  • Big Fan
  • I´m a cute penguin ^-^
« Reply #11 on: May 10 2005, 03:25 pm »
He is a new character, he has not appeared in any other CLAMP story but I love the idea of a series completly dedicated to him though I  don´t see that really comig true ;_;

<3 him too ^^ *points to avatar and sig* (my journal is now full with Fai comments here and there xD) I found the character interesting since Hanshin but started liking him more since Koriyo, then completly adored him at Outou when Mokona tells him to be really happy not just faking. Always loved characters who are much more than what they seem and Fye sure falls into that category. He is most of the times carefree and silly but I agree that´s because he is acting and trying to hide some not so bright feelings. I´m guesing he doesn´t want to use his magic because without the tatoo he can´t controll his own powers.

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #12 on: May 10 2005, 03:57 pm »
***I´m guesing he doesn´t want to use his magic because without the tatoo he can´t controll his own powers.***

I have a suspicion that Fai won't use his powers because of something that happened in his country before he left. I think that's when he decided never to use his magic again (after sending himself to Yuuko).

Or maybe he is just afraid his powers would be out of control. I think it's more than that though.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #13 on: May 10 2005, 05:08 pm »
I like Fye because he is so calm and at the same time has strong mind and heart. Is he from another Clamp's stories? If so I would like to read it as soon as possible. If not I think Clamp could give him a new serie. What do you think?

Nope, he's an original character, as far as I know

Offline Kay Hearts

• *Nyan~!*
  • Big Fan
  • I´m a cute penguin ^-^
« Reply #14 on: May 10 2005, 06:33 pm »
I have a suspicion that Fai won't use his powers because of something that happened in his country before he left. I think that's when he decided never to use his magic again (after sending himself to Yuuko).

Or maybe he is just afraid his powers would be out of control. I think it's more than that though.

Maybe both things. Remember the bodies outside (or was it inside? ...) the castle in Celes (manga), I´m not sure if there´s a war or something in there but I get the idea Fai was involed in the country´s happenings, he was court wizard after all, and even when I never get the idea he would like harming people, maybe he was forced/deceived into it.

About magic I still remember at Koriyo, when the group asked for Yuuko´s help to enter the castle which was protected by a spell, Yuuko´s first response was "you don´t have to ask me, Fai can use magic", he starts saying he gave her his tattoo but Yuuko interupts stating that the tattoo was just a source of magic to stop other magic, not the main source of his powers, but he still replies he has decided to stop using magic without it. (I´m taking this from scanlations, but I hope it´s not far from Del Rey´s version) That´s why I´m  almost sure he keeps on trying not to use magic because otherwise something bad might hapen. Still I think eventually we will see him using it, either by loosing controll or developing stronger bonds towards his companions and trying to save them.

Also I´m surprised no one has ever asked him how he knew about the existance of Yuuko and if he knows more about her. We know Yukito and Tomoyo did know where to send Shaoran, Sakura and Kurogane in order to go around different worlds. When they arrived to the witch´s place they didn´t know who the woman was, but Fai on the other hand is the only one who transported himself by his own means (that´s the last time we see him use magic in fact) meaning he did know who she was and what she could do.

waaa, I also want so bad to know more about this character.

Offline bLuetopaz

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #15 on: May 10 2005, 11:37 pm »
he surely looks cool in Ep 5.. if i am Primera-chan.. i rather make friends with Fye than Shogo-san.. *lol*

Forum Family:
---

Offline lumizstar

• ~Song of Peace~
  • Former Staff
  • Super Fan
  • ~Peace and Tranquility~
« Reply #16 on: May 11 2005, 01:31 am »
Off-topic:

Sorry...if I've mistaken, is this a discussion for the name? or Fye??? *confused* I'm not sure what to say ><
If you can dream it, you can do it.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

~Walt Disney

Offline Little Wolf

• Head Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • "A True Fan"
  • "coz my heart keeps falling faster..." :P
« Reply #17 on: May 11 2005, 04:41 am »
^ It's a discussion topic for everything about him. Ruby just included all of his different name spellings in the topic title. :sweatdrop:
Actually, I think it would be much better if we have one official discussion thread for each character rather than just one topic for all characters. That way we can focus more on each character. :wink:

Anyway, I like Fai (I just prefer that spelling...dunno why) because he's funny when he and Mokona teases Kurorin. :lol:

The Fay spelling in episode 5 really looked weird... I never even considered having that spelling before it was shown in the anime. Next thing we know, there'll be about a hundred variations of Fai's name! :rotfl:
But, no offense to those who prefer "Fay" but it really looks like a girl's name to me when it's spelled like that.  -_-

Offline Spirit0

• Anime: The Anti-Drug
« Reply #18 on: May 11 2005, 05:43 am »
I've seen it spelled as "Fai" usually, then "Fye" sometimes, but never "Fay" (until the anime, of course) o.O I prefer to spell it "Fai", since that's what I'm used to  ^^.

But I don' t know.... Most of my friends like Fai (except one XD). I, however, do not find him as appealing as Kurogane. It's not that I hate him or anything-- I find him really funny and mysterious-- but something about him turns me off ...
Well, love's a liar and... A side effect not labeled on the prescription we call life.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #19 on: May 11 2005, 06:00 am »
You say that there's a war going on in his country...but I wonder whether he accidentally did it after losing control of his powers. Maybe that's why he's so afraid to go back, and face Ashura....