AuthorTopic: Kurogane - Character Discussion  (Read 15137 times)

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
Kurogane - Character Discussion
« on: June 07 2005, 04:18 am »
This is a thread for any fans of Kurogane....and his silly nicknames!

Post here, and include speculation about him too!

Both Kuro/Tomoyo-hime and Kurogane/Fai fans welccome here!
« Last Edit: October 18 2005, 04:04 am by Sakaki »

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline .::ka::.

• "HUmp!" like Kuro-tan XD
  • Mega Fan
  • HUmp ?!
Re: Kurogane - Ninja Of The Night
« Reply #1 on: June 08 2005, 03:10 pm »
I really love Kurogane ^________^ He's cool and I like his character, care for everyone but never express Hee~
I'm Kurogane/Tomoyo fan :D
- Starting from here - Let's make a promise - You and me - Let's just be honest -
Kurogane is <3

My Precious <~ down for a while >___>  | My Journal
Forum Family
My lovely little sis XD Kai Mizuki [/i] & Aya-chan[/i]

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #2 on: June 08 2005, 03:34 pm »
Great thread!
I love Kuro-chi so much.
I think he will learn a lot from his friends and they will learn from him.
I am a Kuro/Fai fan!!
Hope that they are kept together.

I am waiting for when Kuro-sama decides that he doesn't want to go back home, but wants to stay with them. I think that will happen.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #3 on: June 09 2005, 04:38 am »
Same here...and I like the couple Kurogane/Fai too!

You can already see him opening up a lot, and although he said he wouldn't help at the start, he did....he could have just waited until the group got the feather, then left with them.
« Last Edit: June 10 2005, 05:05 am by Ruby Chan »

FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #4 on: June 09 2005, 08:43 am »
***You can already see him opening up a lot, and although he said he wouldn't help at the start, he did....he could have just waited until the group got the fetaher, then left with them.***

I think so too. He's becoming a father to Syaoran, training him with his sword and everything.
At some point I feel that he will choose to stay with them.
Maybe that is his lesson.
I think now that Kuro-sama felt an obligation to protect Tomoyo. I'm not sure if it was anything more than that. I do think though that maybe Souma had a crush on Kuro-sama. The way she reacts after he is sent away.

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #5 on: June 09 2005, 09:24 am »
Souma and Kurogane? Never thought of that one, but that would be interesting. Although I'm secretly hoping for Kuro/Fay. I kinda doubt it will happen, but then CLAMP does have a thing for shounen-ai, so who knows. ^_~

I think Kurogane would be bored out of his mind just sitting around and not fighting, so that could have been the reason he starting helping them in the beginning, but then he started getting attached. ^^ I think Kurogane's the kind of guy who needs something to fight for, and without a Tomoyo-hime to protect, he protects Sakura and Fay (kawaii!) and gives guidance to Syaoran, and now he's just as loyal and attached to his new group as he was to Tomoyo.

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #6 on: June 09 2005, 12:57 pm »
hm...did CLAMP draw kurogane with black clothes and Fai with mostly white clothes to sort of represent yin and yang?

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #7 on: June 09 2005, 01:06 pm »
o.O that's a good question. i just noticed that since you mentioned it...

i'm starting to really like kurogane. XD he's pretty cool. i like tomoyo and kurogane together though. i doubt there's going to be many scenes with these two but i still really like the pairing. XD
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

My Writing LJ    My LiveJournal

Offline scarecrow_wingz

• Super Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 11 2005, 07:00 pm »
maybe kurogane recognises the fighters spirit in syaoran
~when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth - Sherlock Holmes
~you are not what you are born, but what you choose to become - Professor Dumbledore

Offline Michiru

• Michiru Kaiou
« Reply #9 on: June 15 2005, 05:51 am »
I'm another KuroFai fan. :p I think their personalities and strengths/weaknesses compliment each other surprisingly well. And despite how it may seem initially, I don't see any real animosity between them. Fai loves to tease Kurogane and Kurogane eventually gets used to it. ^^; I read a comment by someone on another website that said there is a rivalry between them... which I completely don't see. It doesn't seem to me that they ever try to compete or get ahead of one another... really, I think their strengths and weaknesses are just too different for them to react that way torwards each other. Although, back to Fai's teasing... for some reason, many times, it seems like Fai is subtly flirting with Kurogane by teasing him. I can't remember exactly what they were at the moment, but I remember a few comments Fai made torward Kurogane made me raise an eyebrow, and I looked at my roommate (who I watch most of my anime with, lately) just to see if she seemed to react the same way, and she had the same expression on her face. ^-^; But maybe we're just reading too much into it. (Even if we are, though, it's still fun.)

Kurogane and Tomoyo together just seems so... wrong. No offense to those who support that pairing, but  for me, there's just too much of an age difference between them. I'm not certain of their exact ages, but Tomoyo looks like she's still a kid, and Kurogane looks... much older. It would seem a little like pedophelia to me. I'm not always against a relationship between an adult and a teen in fictional relationships, but this one just isn't working for me. Nevertheless, I do love both characters. Particularly Tomoyo, since she was one of my favourite characters from Cardcaptor Sakura. ^-^
The most beautiful thing we can experience is that which is mysterious.

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #10 on: June 15 2005, 06:02 am »
***Although, back to Fai's teasing... for some reason, many times, it seems like Fai is subtly flirting with Kurogane by teasing him.***

Yeah, I think that's why Kurogane reacts so over the top when Fai teases him.
He's supposed to be a big tuff Ninja, he can't put up with that!  :lol:

But yeah, in later chapters the teasing gets more physical and Kuro-chi's reactions funnier and all in all I think they are both enjoying it.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #11 on: June 15 2005, 06:09 am »
I'm not sure when I first began to like Kuro/Fai...never even thought of it at first. Then one day boom! It clicked, and I suddenly like Kuro-wan a whole lot more.

I think Kuroagen enjoys the teasing Fai gives him, which is why he protests so much, like you said. If he protests enough, maybe no one will notice that he likes it realy? LOL

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #12 on: June 15 2005, 01:12 pm »
I think that they will all be transported to Fai's world, because I believe that Ashura has one of Sakura's Feathers.
Can you imagine the look on Fai's face when they land there?

I have the feeling that Fai will recognize his land and want to run.
Maybe not want to get the feather because he knows he'll have to face Ashura.

I'm sure he'll make the choice to get the feather and get over whatever has happened to him.
With Kuro-chan's help of course.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #13 on: June 16 2005, 02:38 am »
Yeah, and Kurogane would just be like....

K: What's wrong with the idiot?
Sy: Hmm? Oh...umm, Fai-san?
F: We have to get out of here...NOW.
K: This is your world isn't it...the one you're running from?

*silence*

K; Running never solves anything.

For once in his life, Kurogane's never turn away from a fight policy would be right!
« Last Edit: August 11 2005, 08:45 pm by Ruby Chan »

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #14 on: June 16 2005, 02:02 pm »
I can totally see that, Ruby Chan.

Hmm, I'm thinking of making a little thing showing how Kurogane and Fai's relationship is changing, starting with things like:
The first time they saw eachother
The first time Kurogane yells at Fai
The first time Fai calls Kuro-chan a name...
and all the other times like that I can find.
I'll have scans of each moment.

Is anyone interested in seeing it?

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #15 on: June 16 2005, 02:08 pm »
I can totally see that, Ruby Chan.

Hmm, I'm thinking of making a little thing showing how Kurogane and Fai's relationship is changing, starting with things like:
The first time they saw eachother
The first time Kurogane yells at Fai
The first time Fai calls Kuro-chan a name...
and all the other times like that I can find.
I'll have scans of each moment.

Is anyone interested in seeing it?
sure^^

Kurogane has an interesting way of using forks and spoons -recalls to vol. 4- did you see the way he was trying to sip soup with his spoon?  :haha:

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #16 on: June 17 2005, 03:16 am »
I'd love that Sakaki!

Yup! Kurogane can't use cutlery to save his life! He's a chopstick man, through and through!

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #17 on: June 17 2005, 06:17 am »
***I'd love that Sakaki!***

Okay, I'm getting to work on it!
Got the pictures mostly planned out.

Offline S. Espoire

• Its Sakura Espoire. Another Fai fan.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 11 2005, 08:42 pm »
Hey I'd like to see that too. Its been a long time since you posted that.
Cousin: Ruby chan
Imoto chan: Zeldi, lika-chi
Aunt: Sakaki san

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #19 on: August 12 2005, 07:22 am »
Heh, kind of got sidetracked on that one.
I still want to do it though. Need to find the time to get
all the scans together.  :sweatdrop: